You might have spotted this little notebook from the package for our summer quest.
Ideal for writing down clues, little sketches, or answers to puzzles, a notebook is super important to every curious explorer.
To make one yourself you need:
– the cover design (download here)
– a printer to print it, preferably on heavy paper to have a strong cover.
– a few sheets of A4 paper
– knife or scissors
– a stapler.
– something soft like a cork coaster.
- Take 2-3 sheets of A4 paper and cut them in half. I used off-white paper because I think it’s nice with this cover but white will work just fine. You can use simple printer paper or any other type that’s not too thick.
- Fold each piece in half.
3. Put the sheets together as a booklet.
4. Print and fold the cover and align it with the sheets of paper. I printed 2 covers on one A4 so because my printer cannot print to the very edge, my cover is slightly smaller than the sheets but that’s ok.
5. Place the cover + folded sheets onto the cork and staple once or twice on the line created by the fold. I keep everything together with some small clamps as you can see. The cork prevents the staples to pierce through your table :).
6. Pull the notebook from the cork and fold the staples to the middle.
7. Cut off any excess.
8. To stimulate the fold a bit extra, you can leave your notebook under some books overnight.
And that’s it!